Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lincoln Park Visit

 Lincoln Park was absolutely beautiful.  It was full of color, variety.  I love that it is right there in the middle of the city.   Have I mentioned I love Chicago???
 The gardens were full of plants that we use here in Texas which is always so neat to see I think.  I love to see how plants we use here in Austin do in a totally different area of the United States. 

 This was one of my favorite combinations- I adore the Black Pearl Pepper plant just FYI.
 Here it is paired with Bat Face Cuphea.  Love. 
 From every angle it was beautiful.  We spent a lot of time here, easy to do, the weather was incredible.
 The Conservatory was great, though no photos…. my lens fogged up.  Never had that happen before.  
 Can you see the couple off in the distance?  They were shooting engagement photos.
 I can understand why - great setting with a skyline backdrop.

 Great little settings all over the place.
And yes, my favorite combo- have already potted this combo up!!

2 comments:

  1. Chicago is beautiful in the summer. I like seeing all those plants massed in such a beautiful setting.

    I've had the lens fog up in a conservatory so I usually head for the desert exhibit for a few minutes to clear it up.

    Inspiration is so much fun, I'm sure the combination looks great in one of your container creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to the next installment of your Chicago Botanical Garden tour. It really is a special place.

    ReplyDelete